4.05.2012

Pinterest pulls through for Baby Room!

I had been contemplating as to what to do in the baby room for a light fixture, as it had an old 'ugly' flush mounted gold colored thing with a glass globe.  That was TOTALLY not my style!  So, over the last several months, I had gotten hooked on to Pinterest (if any of you don't know what it is, just click here) and came accross some fun ideas.

First, here are the supplies you need:
Coffee Filters (packs of 100 for $.99 @ Meijer)
10" Lantern (World Market for $4.99)
 Pendant (Menards for $15)
Hot Glue Gun & Glue Sticks

Then, you glue the center of the coffee filters to the outside of the lantern.  You can make them as close together or far apart as you want, but for the look I wanted, I had them glued about 1 inch apart from each other.  It took me 3 packs of coffee filters for the size of lantern I had.  After spending time gluing it all together,  this is the result that I now have in my baby room!

Before:

After:

Don't worry... I will try to have some actual baby room pictures up soon for you all as well. :)



Here is the link to the site I got my idea from: http://www.saucyglossie.com/home-diy-try/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I really enjoy hearing from you! Please be sure to check back after you leave a comment as I like to respond back.