9.20.2009

He asked.... and I said "YES!"

My friend, Nichole, had asked me a while ago if she could take me out for dinner for my birthday. Of course I said, "yes!" So, all along I was planning on hanging out with Nichole and walking the beaches in Grand Haven for my birthday. I met her at her house and we departed for Grand Haven at what I thought was a reasonable time frame. On the way there, she proceeds to tell me that she decided to check out the North Beach instead for something different. I, in the mean time, not knowing what was going to happen all night long, as she was doing the planning for my birthday, excitedly said, Ok! We got to the North beach and we immediately start walking down the beach, mind you.... illegally in front of all the private property cottages, so we could have gotten caught, but thankfully didn't! The night was gorgeous!! I had brought my camera along and was happily taking pictures while we were walking and... well... stopped to make a few perfect pictures of the beautiful now setting sun, while (unknown to me) there was a group of people anxiously waiting my arrival at the end of the pier! Here are the pictures...

My walk along the North Beach with my friend Nichole began like this... a beautiful night, not a cloud in the sky, and just absolutely perfect!

A view of the pier from my perspective and little did I know what was going to happen in the next half hour that would change my life forever!

The gorgeous sunset that we were hurrying to the end of the pier to see...
The waves were extremely high and fun to watch. I dawdled a little trying to capture several really cool shots while Nichole was trying to encourage me forward to the end of the pier
Another view of the now setting sun... and little did I know, right behind that light pole, sat Andrew impatiently waiting for me to come closer.
As I was approaching the end of the North pier, I heard my name being yelled out from across the channel. I turned to look and there was a group of people (my family) holding up a huge banner saying "CHERISE MOERDYK, WILL YOU MARRY ME?"
Totally taken by surprise, I stood there in a state of shock for a few seconds, by what I just read. I turned to my friend Nichole and said, "You had a part in this?"
While still in shock I turn around toward the end of the pier and saw Andrew coming toward me with a little box in hand. He bent down on one knee and posed the question, to which I enthusiastically said, "YES!!! "

Putting on the ring...
A close up of the absolutely beautiful ring!! He did an amazing job!!


The Happily Engaged Couple!! :)


Afterward we all met up at a designated location for all the congrats from family members and I have been beaming all night!!! I don't think anyone could have gotten the smile off my face!!
Details as to the date of the wedding has yet to be determined, so keep your eyes open for further information in that regard!

This is a picture of my family who were all involved in holding up the sign on the other side! They were definitely just as thrilled about the whole occasion.

If you look at my future sister-in-law's blog http://jenbergsma.blogspot.com/ you will gain the perspective of from the spectator's side across the channel!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I really enjoy hearing from you! Please be sure to check back after you leave a comment as I like to respond back.